(New Year’s Special Message 2009)
Revelation 2:1-7 Key Verses: 2:4-5
1. Who wrote the Book of Revelation? (1:1) From where? (1:9) To whom was it written? (1:4,11,20)
2. Who is speaking to the angel (messenger) of the church in Ephesus? (2:1; 1:12-18) What would this description of Jesus mean to the suffering churches?
3. How did Jesus commend the Ephesian church? (2-3,6) What good things can we learn from this church? Why do we need these qualities especially during difficult times?
4. In spite of all their good qualities, what were they now lacking? (4) What do you think characterizes first love for Jesus? How do we first come to love Jesus? (1Jn4:9-10; 3:1a) Why must we not lose our first love for him? (1Co13:1-3; Jn21:15a)
5. How can we restore our first love for Jesus? (5a; 1Ti1:13-15) If we do not repent, what warning is here? (5b) What glorious reward is given to those who hold on to their first love for Jesus? (7)