IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, WALK
Acts 2:42-3:10 Key Verse: 3:6
1. Summarize the previous passage. How did the new believers live? (42) What does “they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching” mean? (42a) How did they begin to enjoy real fellowship with each other? (42b) What does the expression of “they devoted themselves to prayer” indicate?
2. How did God continue to work among them? (43) What was their attitude toward materials? (44-45) What was their attitude towards each other and toward God? (46-47a) How did the Lord bless this Christian fellowship? (47b) How was the first church born and what is the church? (42-47)
3. Where were Peter and John going and why? (3:1)Think about their past lives. How had they been changed? (Mk 14:37)What was the situation of the beggar at the Beautiful gate? (2) Why might he choose this spot to beg? What did he want from Peter and John? (3)How did Peter respond? (4)
4. Why did the man give his attention to Peter and John? (5) How did Peter help him? (6) Why did Peter not give him silver of gold? (6a) How did Peter see his problem?
5. Instead what did Peter give him? (6b) What was the dramatic change in his life? By whose power was the man healed? (6b-8) How did he and the crowd of people react to God’s grace? (9-10)