JESUS SAID, “I MUST PROCLAIM THE KINGDOM OF GOD”
Luke 4:31-44, Key Verse: 4:43
“But he said, ‘I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.’”
1. Where did Jesus go and what did he do (16,31)? How did the people respond to his teaching and why (32)?
2. When Jesus taught the word of God with authority, how did one man react and why (33-34)? How did Jesus demonstrate his authority (35-37)? What do we learn about who Jesus is?
3. Where did Jesus go after he left the synagogue (38a)? How did Jesus show his compassion to Simon’s mother-in-law (38b-39)?
4. At sunset, what did people do (40a)? How did Jesus care for each one who was brought to him (40b-41)? Why did Jesus forbid demons from revealing his identity?
5. Where did Jesus go and when (42a)? What did the people expect (42b)? What did Jesus reveal about his purpose in coming (43-44)? Why is Jesus’ coming good news? In this passage, how did Jesus reveal his authority and compassion as the Messiah?