PAUL’S TESTIMONY TO HIS FELLOW JEWS
Acts 21:40-22:29 Key Verse: 22:14,15
1. Review 21:27-29, 37-40. What is the place and situation of this testimony of Paul? Why was the crowd so upset? How did Paul get permission to speak?
2. Read 22:1-5. What were Paul’s credentials as a Jew? How had he demonstrated his zeal for God? How were his fellow Jews making the same mistake he had made?
3. Read verses 6-16. Describe his meeting with Jesus (6-11). What did Jesus tell him to do? (10) Who was Ananias? (12) What did Ananias do for Paul? (13)
4. What was God’s message to Paul through Ananias? For what had God chosen Paul? (14-16) What does it mean that Paul’s blindness was cured? His sins forgiven? (6-16; Gal 5:24; Gal 2:20) What did it mean that he was baptized?
5. Read verses 17-22. Upon his return to Jerusalem, what direction did Jesus give him? (18, 21) Why did Paul think that the Jews would accept his testimony? (19-20) What in his testimony angered them? Why? (21-22)
6. Read verses 23-29. Why did Romans take charge of Paul again? Why did the centurion halt the flogging? What can we learn from Paul about Jesus? About God’s grace and his purpose?