GOD MADE ESTHER QUEEN
Esther 1:1-2:23, Key verse 2:17
“Now the king was attracted to Esther more than to any of the other women, and she won his favor and approval more than any of the other virgins. So he set a royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.”
1. Read verses 1-12. How big kingdom did King Xerxes reign? Who did he invite and what did he show them? How did Queen Vashti imitate the king’s banquet? Why did the king ask the queen to show herself? What was her response?
2. Read verses 13-22. How did the king deal the queen’s refusal? What was Memukan’s advice according to the law of the time? Why was his advice pleased the king and his nobles? What can we learn from this?
3. Read 2:1-9. How did the pageant for the king come about? Who was Mordecai and Esther? Why did Mordecai adopt Esther as his daughter? How was she taken to the pageant? How she pleased and won the favor of Hegai?
4. Read 2:10-18. Why did Esther hide her nationality? How was Mordecai caring for Esther? How was Esther treated to be in the pageant? How did she follow the direction of Hegai? How was the king attracted to Esther more than any of other women? What did the king do for Esther?
5. Read 2:19-23. Where was Mordecai? What did he find there? Who did he tell? Who did Esther tell? Did Mordecai receive any credit now? Could you see God’s providence here? (6:1-11)