Exodus 25-27, Key Verse: 25:8
“Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them.”
1. Read 25:1-9. What kind of offerings did God want from his people? What was the purpose of the sanctuary? Why must it be made exactly like God’s pattern?
2. Read 25:21-22. What is in the ark? What is on top of it? What does the ark and its cover teach about God’s justice and mercy? (Ro 3:23-25) About God’s word?
3. (25:23-40) What do the table and the lampstand teach us about God? (Compare Jn 6:35; 1Jn 1:5; Jn 8:12)
4. Describe the tabernacle and location of the items in it (26; 30:1-8). How does it point to Jesus?
5. What was the purpose of the bronze altar? (27) How does this point to Christ? (Lev 17:11; Heb 9:14,22; Jn 1:29)