Exodus 12:29-13:16, Key Verse: 13:14
“In days to come, when your son asks you, ‘What does this mean?’ say to him, ‘With a mighty hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.’”
1. Read Exodus 12:29-32. What happened at midnight in Egypt? What was the final result of Pharaoh’s hard heart against God? What did Pharaoh tell Moses and Aaron to do?
2. Read 12:33-42. How did the Egyptians help the Israelites leave Egypt? Where did the Israelites go? What did the Israelites bring with them out of Egypt? How did the Israelites’ years in Egypt relate to remembering the Lord?
3. Read 12:43-51. What instructions did God give Moses and Aaron regarding the Passover? How did the Israelites respond to the Lord’s command?
4. Read 13:1-10. What did God command Moses to do to every firstborn male? Why did Moses tell the people to commemorate the day they left Egypt? What type of bread were the Israelites supposed to eat? What were the Israelites to pass along to their children? What was the purpose of the Israelites’ remembering God?
5. Read 13:11-16. What were the Israelites to do with their livestock? Why did God want the Israelites to sacrifice the firstborn males of their livestock? What was a father to tell his son concerning God’s deliverance of Israel?
6. What can we do to help us remember the deliverance God has given us?