GOD’S POWER AGAINST PHARAOH
Key Verse: 7:17
“This is what the Lord says: By this you will know that I am the Lord: With the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood.”
1. Read 7:8-25. How is God’s supremacy shown even in a small sign (8-13)? What would this have done for Moses and Aaron? What was the condition of Pharaoh’s heart, though (13-14, 22)?
2. Read 8:1-32. How did Pharaoh react to these “mighty acts of judgment,” as God called them (7:4; 8:8, 25-32)? What was the basic issue between God and Pharaoh (7:5, 17; 8:10, 22)?
3. Read 8:22-23 again. What new disclosure does God make to Pharaoh about his power? How much does God care for His people (Mt 10:29-30)?
4. Read 9:1-35. What change of heart can we observe among the Egyptians to the word of God (9:20)? However, what pattern of behavior has by this time become well established in Pharaoh (8:15, 30-32; 9:34-35)?
5. Read 10:1-29. How has Pharaoh tried to make deals with God (10:11, 24)? When you are humbled by God, how can you regain your self-confidence and your trust in God?
The Plague of Blood (7:14-25)
The Plague of Boils (9:8-12)
The Plague of Frogs (8:1-15)
The Plague of Hail (9:13-35)
The Plague of Gnats (8:16-19)
The Plague of Locusts (10:1-20)
The Plague of Flies (8:20-32)
The Plague of Darkness (10:21-29)
The Plague on Livestock (9:1-7)
The Plague on the Firstborn (11:1-10)