GOD SENDS MOSES TO PHARAOH
Exodus 5:1-7:7 Key Verse, 6:7
1. Read verses 1-9. When Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and asked let God’s people go, in what way did Pharaoh respond? (2, 4-9)
2. Read verses 10-21. In what way had the situation of the people of Israel gotten worse? (10-18) What heated words did the Israelite foreman share with Moses and Aaron? (20-21)
3. Read verses 22-23. How did a discouraged Moses describe his difficulties to God? How do you think you would have felt if you had faced the difficulties Moses was facing?
4. Read 6:1-12. In specific detail, how did God remind Moses of His covenant? (1-8) How responsive were the Israelites to Moses’ message? (9, also read 4:31) What did Moses tell to the Lord in his discouragement?
5. Read verses 13-29. What families were mentioned in the genealogy? (13-27) What kind of difficulty did Moses keep complaining to God about? (28-29)
6. Read 7:1-7. What was God’s solution to Moses’ speech problems? (1-2) What was God going to do to Pharaoh? (3) What was God going to do as a result of Pharaoh’s refusal to listen? (4-5) How did Moses respond to the Lord? (6)
7. In spite of defeat and discouragement (5:2, 6:9, 12, 30) Moses “did just as the Lord commanded” (7:6). What brought him to this decisive obedience? What can you do this week to follow through on your commitment to God’s command?