THE CALL OF MOSES
Key Verse: 3:10
“So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”
1. Read 3:1-6. How did God miraculously appear to Moses? What do this appearance and God’s words to Moses teach about God? What different reactions did Moses have to God’s appearance to him? (3, 4b, 5)
2. Read 3:7-10. What motivated God to act on behalf of His people? What plan did he have in mind? What did God tell Moses to do? Why do you think God chose someone like Moses for such a daring venture?
3. Read 3:11-17. What was Moses’ initial response to God’s challenge? How did God reassure Moses that he could face this challenge? What did God want Moses to say to the elders of Israel? What was the significance of this announcement?
4. Read 3:18-22. What did God predict about the responses of the elders of Israel and the Egyptians? What assurance did God give Moses?
5. Read 4:1-9. What was the excuse Moses made? What miracles did God perform for Moses? Read 4:10-17. How did God adjust for Moses’ lack of confidence in public speaking?
6. Read 4:18-31. What was the first crisis Moses faced when going back to Egypt, and what did it mean? How do the events in verses 27-31 confirm the Lord’s promises to Moses?
7. Do you find any parallels between Moses’ calling and your personal calling? When we have such a calling, what can we believe about how God will help us?