CONSIDER IT PURE JOY
James 1:1-18 Key verse: 2-4
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trails of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
1. Who is the author? To whom is this letter written? (1-2)
2. Verse 2-4. What should they consider pure joy? (2) Who is testing of your faith? What does the testing of your faith produce? What is the result of the testing? Why?
3. Verse 5-8. What is lack during the time of the testing? Who should we ask? How is God respond to our request? Why do we have double mind? How can we overcome doubt?
4. Verse 9-12. How does a humble state test us? How does a rich state test us? How can we overcome for each case? Who is the blessed? What is the final reward for those who persevere the test? (12)
5. Verse 13-18. What is difference between trials and temptations? How can we overcome the temptations? What are the good and perfect gift according to this passage? How are birth, perfect gift, the crown of life and complete maturity related?