GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS
Matthew 28:16-20, key verse 19
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
I. Why do we make disciples?
1. V 16-17. What was the situation of the disciples, when the Risen Jesus met them in Galilee? (Mt 27) When they met the Risen Christ, what did they do to the Risen Jesus?
2. V 18-20. What was given to the Risen Jesus? Why? (1 Co 15:24-28) What did Jesus command his disciples to do? With the command, what did Jesus promise the disciples?
II. Who is a disciple?
3. When does the discipleship start? (Acts 11:26) What is the first significant change made to the disciple starter? (John 3:2; 1 Pet 1:23; 2 Co 5:17; 1 Pet 2:2)
4. What progress should a disciple make in the attitudes and actions? (Col 2:6-7; Jn 14:21) Why did Jesus call his disciples? (Mk 3:14-15) What is the requirement of the disciples? (Mk 8:34-36) What does true disciples experience? (Jn 8:31-32)
5. What did Jesus command his disciples to do? (Mt 28:19-20; Jn 21:15-17) How Paul live his life in order to make disciples? (1 Thes 2:8; Phil 2:17; 2 Ti 2:2) What was Paul’s ultimate goal of life? (Phil 3:10)