THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS BE WITH YOU
Romans 16:1-27, Key Verse: 16:20
“The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.”
1. On what basis did Paul commend Phoebe (1-2)? What did he request on her behalf?
2. Whom did Paul greet first (3)? How had they co-worked with Paul (Ac 18:1-3,18-19)? How did Paul describe their sacrificial lives and their influence (4-5a)? What can we learn from them?
3. Note the repetition of “Greet,” “in the Lord,” or “in Christ” (5b-16). What is the significance of Paul mentioning many women? How is Paul’s humility, affection and respect in Christ reflected in these greetings?
4. What warning does Paul give (17-19)? In what respect is this warning serious for believers then and now?
5. Read verse 20. Who is working through those who cause division? What assurance does Paul give? How is this assurance related to the grace of our Lord Jesus (Gen 3:15; Col 2:15)? How does the grace of Jesus enable us to live a victorious life?
6. Who were Paul’s fellow workers and how did they greet the church at Rome (21-24)? What mystery was hidden for long ages, how was it made known, and for what purpose (25-26; Eph 3:6)? How does Paul conclude his doxology (27; 11:33-36)?