THE PRIESTLY DUTY TO PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL
Romans 15:14-33, Key Verse 15:16
“to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.”
1. What was Paul’s confidence about the Roman believers (14)? Why was he writing them (15a)?
2. Read verses 15b-16. What was the grace God gave Paul? How did Paul expand the meaning of priestly duty to himself (Ex 19:5-6a; Ro 1:5)? What does it mean to all believers to have a priestly duty (1Pe 2:9-10)?
3. What was the purpose of Paul’s ministry to the Gentiles (17)? How had God blessed his ministry (18-19)? What was his holy ambition (20-22)?
4. What was Paul’s future plan (23-29)? Why did he want to go to Rome (Ro 1:10-15)? To Spain (Ac 1:8)? Why was it so important for him to visit Jerusalem (25-27)?
5. What were Paul’s prayer requests (30-33)? What was the problems he anticipated in going to Jerusalem (Ac 21:10-14)? What can we learn from Paul who asks prayer support, even from the Roman believers?