LED BY THE SPIRIT
Romans 8:1-17, Key Verse: 14
“For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.”
1. What declaration does Paul make (1; 7:5-6; 23-25)? How does this relate to the conflict described in the previous chapter? What has God done for “those who are in Christ Jesus,” and how (2-3)? For what goal (4)?
2. How does Paul contrast two ways of living (5-8)? Think about the differences in mindsets, consequences, and attitudes toward God.
3. What assurance can we have and why (9)? How is it possible to live for God in a body that is subject to death (10-11)?
4. What obligation does a believer have and not have (12-13)? Why is this important? Read verse 14. What privilege belongs to those who are led by the Spirit? What does it mean to be led by the Spirit?
5. How does the Spirit change the status of and empower believers (15)? How can we have assurance that we are children of God (16)? What blessings do God’s children have (17)? What is the result of sharing in Christ’s sufferings?