WE HAVE PEACE WITH GOD
Romans 5:1-21, Key Verse: 5:1
“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, …”
1. Read verses 1-2. What are the results of being justified through faith? What does it mean to have peace with God? What does it mean to “gain access…into grace” (Eph 3:12; Heb 10:20)? What is our ultimate hope?
2. Read verses 3-5. How has our attitude toward suffering changed, and why? How is God’s hope confirmed in our hearts?
3. What demonstrates the greatness of God’s love (6-8)? What great contrast can you find between our former and current status (9-11)? What hope does this give?
4. How did sin enter the world, and what were the consequences (12)? Before the law was given, how was sin regarded (13)? What does the fact that people die, though there is no law, teach us (14a)? In what sense is Adam a pattern of Christ (14b)?
5. How is the gift not like the trespass (15-17)? What is the result of the trespass, and the gift of the one man? What are the serious consequences of one man’s disobedience and obedience (18-19)? What assurance does this give?
6. What was the purpose in adding the law (20-21)? What do learn here about the power of God’s grace?