THE SON OF MAN CAME TO SERVE AND TO GIVE HIS LIFE
Key Verse: 20:28
1. What is the theme of this parable (19:30; 1a)? What did the landowner do and what agreement did he make (1-2)? At what other times did he employ workers, and with what agreement (3-7)? What does this show about the landowner?
2. When and how did he pay them all (8-10)? Who grumbled and why (11-12)? How did the owner explain (13-15)? What was Jesus teaching about the kingdom in this passage (15-16)?
3. What did Jesus teach his disciples on the way to Jerusalem (17-19)? Why is it important that he taught this to his disciples repeatedly?
4. What request did the mother of James and John make of Jesus (20-21)? How did Jesus respond (22-23)? What does it mean to drink from Jesus’ cup?
5. Why were the ten indignant (24)? What is the world’s view of rulers and their authority (25)? How must Jesus’ disciples be different (26-27)? What is the greatest example of this (28)? Why did the Son of Man do this?
6. What happened as Jesus was leaving Jericho (29-31)? What did the persistent shout of two blind men reveal about their faith? How did Jesus show compassion on them (32-34)? What should disciples learn about Jesus?