WHOEVER IS NOT WITH ME IS AGAINST ME
Key Verse: 12:30
“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.”
1. What miracle did Jesus do (22)? Why did people think Jesus might be the Son of David (23)? How did the Pharisees react quite differently (24)?
2. How did Jesus expose their accusation as false and self-condemning (25-27)? Where did Jesus’ power come from and what does it mean that “the kingdom of God has come upon you” (28)? How is stronger and against Satan (29)?
3. Read verse 30. Why must we be with Jesus and gather with him? Why was the accusation of the Pharisees a serious sin (24, 31-32)? What shows whether a person’s heart is good or evil (33-35)? How important are our words on judgment day (36-37)?
4. What did the Pharisees and teachers of the law demand from Jesus (38)? Why did Jesus call the generation “wicked and adulterous” (39)? What is the sign of Jonah (40)? Why are the Ninevites and the Queen of the South better than that generation (41-42)?
5. What did Jesus explain and warn about the work of evil spirits (43-45)? How can people be saved from their wickedness and safe from evil spirits (28,30)?
6. Who interrupted Jesus and with what request (46-47)? What was Jesus’ surprising reply (48-50)? What does it mean to do the Father’s will? What does this mean to us?