PAUL’S HOPE IN THE RESURRECTION
Key Verse: 24:15
“…and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.”
1. Read verses 1-4. How did Paul come to be in Caesarea? Why did Ananias and Tertullus and other religious leaders go there? Who was Felix?
2. Read verses 5-9. What charges did Tertullus bring against Paul? Read verses 10-13. How did Paul begin his answer to the charges?
3. Read verses 14-16. What did he admit? What did he say that was similar to his statements to the Sanhedrin? (23:1,6) What does he mean by saying that he is a “follower of the Way”? What is his hope? How does it affect his life?
4. Read verses 17-23. How did Paul describe what happened in Jerusalem? What did Felix decide to do after hearing Paul’s accurate and factual account? Why was he so indecisive?
5. Read verses 24-27. Why do you think Felix wanted to listen to Paul? How did Paul use this opportunity to talk to Felix? What was the content of his preaching? How did Felix respond? Why? What can we know about his character?
6. What can we learn from Paul?