JESUS CLEARS THE TEMPLE
John 2:12-25, Key Verse: 12:17
“His disciples remembered that it is written: ‘Zeal for your house will consume me.’”
1. Where did Jesus go with his mother and brothers and disciples after the wedding? When and where did the second event take place? What did Jesus find when he went into the temple? What did he do? What did he say?
2. What was the temple that its misuse should make Jesus so angry? (See 2 Ch 7:12-16; 6-10b-11; 5:7) How should the temple be used? (Lk 19:46) What was the problem of the religious leaders? (1 Ti 6:10)
3. How did the disciples respond to Jesus’ actions? (17, Ps 69:9) When did the disciples really understand? (22)
4. How did the Jewish leaders respond? (18) How did Jesus answer them? (19) What did Jesus mean? (21) How did Jesus become the temple? (21,22)
5. How did the people believe in Jesus? Why did Jesus not trust in the people though they believe in him?