GOD ACCEPTS PEOPLE FROM EVERY NATION
Acts 9:32-10:48, Key Verse: 10:34,35
“Then Peter began to speak: ‘I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.’”
1. Read 9:31-43. What did Peter do to extend the ministry of Jesus and strengthen the church in Judea? How did he show the love and power of Jesus in Lydda and Joppa? How was God building up his church through these events?
2. Read 10:1-8. What was different about Cornelius? Describe his God-fearing life. How did God want to bless him? What did the angel tell him to do? How did he carry out God’s command?
3. Read verses 9-16. In the meantime, where was Peter? Describe his vision. Why was Peter disgusted at the command, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat”? What was God’s word to him?
4. Read verses 17-23a. What was the meaning of the vision and how was it made plain to Peter? How did the men describe Cornelius and what did they ask Peter to do? How did Peter receive them? What does this show about Peter?
5. Read verses 23b-33. How did Cornelius greet Peter? How did Peter share his inner struggle and his reason for coming without objection? How had God prepared Cornelius, and how had Cornelius prepared an environment?
6. Read verses 34-43. What had Peter himself learned? Look carefully at the gospel Peter preached. What are the main points that he makes about Jesus? About God? About himself as a witness? What is his invitation?
7. Read verses 44-48. What happened? How does this event open the door to the Gentile world?