SO WE WILL BE WITH THE LORD FOREVER
Key Verse: 4:17, 18
After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
1. What instructions did Paul give to the Christians in Thessalonians (1, 2)? Why should Christians be sanctified (3a) (Lev. 19:2)? What does it mean “being sanctified?” Why did Paul say to avoid sexual immorality to be sanctified (3b)?
2. How should Christians control their own body (4)? Why do unbelievers, who do not know God, live in passionate lust (5) (Romans 1:21-25)? What will happen to the one who takes advantage of and defrauds his brothers and sisters in sexual immorality (6-8)?
3. How much well did the Christians in Thessalonians do in loving each other (9, 10a)? Why did Paul say to do so more and more (10b)? Think about how much the love of brothers and sisters build the body of Church.
4. Why do Christians live a quiet life, mind their own business and work with their hands (11, 12)? Especially think about the importance of a quiet life in this busy generation?
5. Who are those who sleep in death? Why does Paul want to inform about the future of those who sleep in death (13, 14)? What did Greek think about death at that time (1Co 15:12, 35)? What will happen to those who died in Christ (14, 15)?
6. How glorious will Jesus’ second coming be (16a)? (Mark 13:24-27) What will happen to those who died in Christ and to those who are alive when Jesus comes again (16b, 17a)? (1Co 15:42-44) What is the life for those who are caught up to in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air (17b)? What should we do with this glorious hope (18)?