RECEIVE THE KINGDOM OF GOD LIKE A LITTLE CHILD
Mark 10:1-16 Key Verses: 10:15
“Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
1. Where did Jesus go and what was he doing (1)? What did the Pharisees ask Jesus and why (2)? How was this a test (6:17-18; 8:11)?
2. Why did Jesus ask the Pharisees about Moses’ commands (3)? What did Moses’ law permit, and what was the intention (4; Dt 24:1-4)? How did Jesus view this concession (5)?
3. What was God’s plan for marriage at the beginning of creation (6-8)? Why did Jesus quote Genesis (1:27; 2:24)? What does Jesus’ declaration about marriage mean to them and to us today (9)?
4. What did Jesus teach his disciples about people’s motives for divorce (10-12)? Why is divorce a sin against God (Ex 20:14; Mal 2:15-16)?
5. Who was next brought to Jesus and why (13a)? What did the disciples do to make Jesus indignant (13b-14a; 9:36-37)? Why did Jesus let little children come to him (14b, 16)? Read verse 15. How must we all be like little children?