Put out into deep water
“When he had finished speaking, Jesus said to Simon, ‘Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.'”
1. Where was Jesus and what was he doing (1-3)?
2. After Jesus finished speaking to the crowd, what did he ask Simon to do? (4)?
3. What was Simon’s response (5-6a)? What does this tell us about his attitude toward Jesus’ words? What did Simon have to overcame in order to obey Jesus?
4. But what happened when Simon obeyed? (6b-7)? Why was it so meaningful that Simon’s fishing failure was restored?
5. What did Simon realize about himself(8-9)? What did he mean by saying, “Go away from me Lord; I am a sinful man?”
6. What new life direction did Jesus give Simon(10)? How did Simon and his companions respond?